Planning for Your Future One Step at a Time REACH OUT TO GET STARTED

EB-2 Visa Attorney in Los Angeles, California 

Looking to immigrate to the United States? Have you considered applying for an EB-2 visa? 

I've been practicing U.S. immigration law since 1986. I am here to offer my attention and hands-on guidance to clients who need creative solutions to achieve their immigration goals. Contact my firm Paul D. Cass, Attorney at Law in Los Angeles, California, today to learn how I can help you secure the future you envision for yourself and your family.  

What Is an EB-2 Visa?

The EB-2 visa is a second-preference employment-based visa for individuals with advanced degrees or exceptional abilities in their professional fields. This visa allows you to live and work permanently in the United States. There are two main categories under the EB-2 classification: 

1. Advanced Degree

You must have a U.S. advanced degree or its foreign equivalent to qualify under the advanced degree category. An advanced degree is typically a master's degree or higher. You may also qualify if you have a bachelor's degree and at least five years of progressive work experience in your field. 

2. Exceptional Ability

If you do not have an advanced degree, you may still qualify for an EB-2 visa if you can demonstrate exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business. Exceptional ability means a degree of expertise significantly above that ordinarily encountered in your field. 

What Are the Perks of an EB-2 Visa?

An EB-2 visa offers numerous benefits, making it an attractive option for skilled professionals: 

  • Permanent residency: The EB-2 visa grants you lawful permanent residency in the United States, allowing you to live and work here indefinitely. 

  • Family benefits: Your spouse and unmarried children under 21 can also obtain green cards, allowing your family to stay together in the U.S. 

  • Path to citizenship: Once you have a green card, you can eventually apply for U.S. citizenship. 

  • Career opportunities: With an EB-2 visa, you can pursue career opportunities without the limitations imposed by temporary work visas. 

  • Job flexibility: As an EB-2 visa holder, you are not tied to a specific employer or job. This freedom allows you to change jobs within your field without losing your visa status. 

  • Educational opportunities: You and your family can access the U.S. education system, including public schools and universities. 

  • Social benefits: As a permanent resident, you can enjoy various social benefits, such as Social Security and Medicare, after meeting eligibility requirements. 

  • Freedom to travel: You can travel outside the U.S. and return without the need for additional visas, simplifying international travel.

Considering EB-2 Visa?

What Hoops Must I Jump Through Before I Get An EB-2 Visa?

The EB-2 visa application process involves several steps: 

1. Labor Certification (PERM) 

For most EB-2 visa applicants, obtaining a labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) is the first step. This process, known as PERM (Program Electronic Review Management), ensures that no qualified U.S. workers are available for the position you are seeking. I will guide you through the PERM process, and make sure all requirements are met. 

2. Immigrant Petition (Form I-140) 

Once the labor certification is approved, the next step is to file an immigrant petition (Form I-140) with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This petition demonstrates that you meet the requirements for an EB-2 visa. I will prepare and submit the petition on your behalf, providing all necessary documentation and supporting evidence. 

3. Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing 

After the I-140 petition is approved, you can apply for adjustment of status if you are already in the U.S. on a non-immigrant visa. If you are outside the U.S., you will go through consular processing at a U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country. I will help you adjust status application or consular processing to ensure a smooth transition to permanent residency. 

Pillars of My Practice

As your attorney, Paul D. Cass, I offer comprehensive legal services for my immigration clients pursuing an EB-2 visa. Your goals are my goals. When you choose to work with me, you can expect to get: 

Personal Attention 

Your situation is unique. At larger law firms you are just another number. Here, I take the time to listen to your story, understand your goals, and provide tailored legal strategies that address your needs. I strive to reduce your stress and support you throughout the immigration process. 

Active Guidance 

Would-be immigrants often find the U.S. immigration system overwhelming. I get that. And so, I will guide you through every step of the EB-2 visa application process. From gathering the necessary documentation to preparing your case, I will be by your side, ensuring that no detail is overlooked. 

Decades of Experience 

With over 30 years of experience in immigration law, I am very familiar with immigration law and EB-2 visa applications. This allows me to protect your rights and represent your interests effectively. Whether you are an individual with an advanced degree or someone with exceptional ability, I have the knowledge and skills to help you succeed. 

Facing Challenges Head-on 

Immigration issues can be complex, but I thrive on finding creative and intelligent solutions to these challenges. I will explore all possible avenues to achieve the best outcome for you. When life throws tough challenges, you can rely on me to deal with them for you. 

If you have more questions, and I’m sure you do, call me today; I’ll be happy to answer all of them. 

EB-2 Visa Attorney in Los Angeles, California 

I have more than three decades of experience in U.S. immigration law. When you partner with me, you get personalized care, consistent dedication, and innovative legal strategies that ensure the success of your EB-2 visa application. I serve clients throughout Los Angeles, California, and the nearby areas of Burbank, Inglewood, Glendale, Pasadena, Orange County, Riverside County, and San Diego County. Let me help you secure your future in the land of opportunities.