In addition to citizenship advice, I provide other legal services to individuals and businesses in the Los Angeles area. Many of my immigration clients return to me for help with other legal matters, including:
- Business law questions
- Estate planning, wills, trusts and probate
- Copyrights, trademarks and general intellectual property
As an adjunct to and outgrowth of our business-related immigration services is our experience in providing corporate and transactional business law services to our clients.
Our services and expertise include:
- Educating our clients as to the possible types of business entities through which they can do business (e.g., C corporation, S corporation, LLC, limited partnership, partnership, sole proprietorship, etc.), and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Helping clients form and maintain the business entity types they select, including appropriate:
- Shareholder agreements, operating agreements, bylaws, minutes, etc.)
- Documenting corporate decisions
- Shareholder/member/partner buyout agreements, and general succession planning
- Buy-sell agreements
- Assuring that the documents are prepared so as best to achieve desired objectives, including protection from liability, to the extent possible
- Advising clients regarding operational problems involving their companies, and preparing documents, like contracts, nondisclosure agreements, trade secret agreements, work for hire agreements, covenants not to compete, etc.
- Assisting clients in buying or selling businesses, including review and drafting of business acquisition agreements, sale agreements, transfer agreements, etc.
- When necessary, representing clients in state and Federal courts in cases pertaining to business disputes, intellectual property issues, etc.
- Assisting clients in enforcement of and collection on judgments and debts
- Helping clients register, maintain and protect copyrights, trademarks, trade names, service marks, etc.